Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday

It was another great day here.  It's starting to get a little humid this evening, but we had the windows open all day.  We were able to get both of our walks in without me getting too hot!  Dave painted the lanai floor today and painted Kathy's vent covers. 

I finished another 1000 page book.  It's book 2 in a 3 book series by Ken Follett.  This one was Winter of the World.  Ken Follett is one of my favorite authors.  Years ago I read Pillars of the Earth and loved it..  This 3-book series follows 5 interrelated families - American, German, Russian, British, and Welsh.  Character development is wonderful...he also throws in lots of real people too.  His books are what I would call historical fiction...with an emphasis on historical.  The first book took us thru WWI and this book has taken us through WW2.  I don't know what the last book will cover yet, but I'll definitely read it.  Each book takes me around 25 hours to read!

Speaking of reading, I read The Nightingale which was another great book about WW2.  Really well written, also. 

More later..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...