Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another Cool Card!


This card was given to my granddaughter on her 5th birthday. She opened the card and exclaimed excitedly, "Mommy, isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen!!" Boy, did that make me feel good. She had no clue that I had made it - she just liked it. So when her mommy told her that Grandma Peg made the card, she looked at me and said, "For real?" I'm sorry that the colors aren't really right - basically they are a baby blue and purple (just scraps of cheap paper). The stamp set is from SU - Crazy for Cupcakes. I used SU markers Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac and Gable Green to color the images.
Today was another gray day in many ways, not just the weather! I had a funeral for one of my sorority sisters to attend this morning. It was a beautiful service. She will be missed a great deal. She had the greatest sense of humor! Then this afternoon, my Cyclones got beat by #7 Texas. I must say, though, they kept up with the Longhorns until the very end. Keep the faith, Cyclone fans! There was a bright note yesterday though; our best friends welcomed another granddaughter into their family! I'll bet she's a doll - I can hardly wait to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...