Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ponderings of the beach


I sure hope my friends made it to Florida okay. They were to arrive yesterday; I haven't heard from them yet. This is a picture of the beach just a stone's throw from where they will be staying. What a beautiful sight! I wanted to post this today so that those of us in the frozen tundra can imagine ourselves on this wonderful beach! It helps to take our minds off of the weather if we can see pictures like this. I took this in November near Hillsboro Beach just north of Pompano Beach. It's such a beautiful area. I sure hope my friends get to see more sights like this. They took their black lab with them. She's a rescue from the Heartland Humane Society. She's such a sweetheart, but I heard that she was causing a little bit of a problem on the trip down to Florida. I think she's just like us - got a little bit of "cabin" fever (or SUV fever in her case) and acted up after 2 days. I'm sure she'll get used to being a beach dog and love being in Florida!
We're getting ready to go to Burlington to watch the Indian Hills CC basketball team play Southeastern CC. Both teams are very good this year - I believe that SCC has only lost once all season as has Indian Hills. Should be quite a game! The Southeastern coach used to coach at Indian Hills and the fans all love him, so it's hard to cheer against him or his teams. Besides going to the game, I get to go to Hobby Lobby! This is a real thrill for me because this is the nearest Hobby Lobby and it's 75 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...