Monday, January 12, 2009

Possible Blizzard!


This is for those of you who live in sunny, warm climates! It has been snowing here most of the day - the good news is that it hasn't accumulated too much yet! Tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to have windy conditions (25-35 mph NW winds!) which will mean a blizzard! Schools have already let out for today in anticipation of this weather event. I'm sure glad I am retired and can just stay home! So, in light of the weather in Iowa, I'm going to post a picture that was taken in the Sarasota, Florida area where my in-laws are in the winter. This way, we can think warm thoughts at least!


I have several cards to make, so I'd better get busy. My brother just called telling me that we're going to have to move my 102-year-old aunt. She is becoming a problem in the assisted living unit she lives in. They want her moved to an Alzheimer's unit. When we visit, which is weekly, she is sometimes confused about her past, but she's never had what we considered Alzheimers - just some dementia. She didn't even have this until after she turned 100! Hopefully, we'll do the right thing for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...