Friday, January 30, 2009

Teeny Tiny Gecko

I have to share the story about this picture. This a picture of 9 (8 unhatched) gecko eggs that DH and DD found when they were cleaning out a window air conditioner in December. She put them in a candle lid and we were going to watch them to see if they hatched. We also saw presumably mommy and maybe even daddy gecko! We could hardly wait for the girls to get home from school so that we could show them our find. Shortly after the girls arrived home, I went out to check the eggs and sure enough, this little guy had hatched! He's so little and cute! I called the girls to come look and then we had a few moments of holding gecko eggs to see if they would hatch in their hands. DD had said she had one hatch in her hands when she was younger and thought that was so fun, she wanted her daughters to experience it. But, since the girls are only 7 and 5, the experience required a little more patience than they had at that moment, so the eggs were left to hatch on their own. Unfortunately, we came back to Iowa shortly thereafter and we never did hear how many gecko babies they had!

DH and I got our living room put back together last night. The new color is really pretty - so rich looking, kind of like a big milk chocolate candy bar! The office is going to be beautiful, too. When our painter first brushed on some of the Indian Paintbrush, I wondered if it was going to be too pink. Now that it has dried, it is cool! It's going to take a second coat and I'm going to have to buy new curtains, but we love it! This room has a bamboo grass on the walls, so it has lots of texture. It's going to be very striking with this dark color on the walls.

Well, I've gotta run - I'm going to a "Plus Club" event at 11:30 and it's 11:10 already. FYI, this is a group of people who are over 55 from our church. Usually they have a program after lunch, but today it's just lunch and chit-chat. Anyone who knows me knows that I can hold my own in the chit-chat department! It'll be fun. Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...