Monday, April 6, 2009

Chick Card

This is another of the cute cards I made for one of our grandchildren for Easter. I think they're really going to like them! This one was also CASE'd from www.splitcoaststampers.com - I changed the way the wings were and I used a different punch for the chick's feet and comb. I think it's really cute!

Today's another one of those cold days - gray and windy! Yesterday evening we got snow, but it didn't accumulate, thank goodness! The little robins are all hunched up out there today. The thermometer says 35 degrees but I'll bet the windchill is in the teens! I have to go out, unfortunately, so I guess it'll be a heavy winter-coat day again!

Over the weekend, Dave decided that it was time to paint our master bedroom. That means removing wallpaper and wallpaper borders - yuk. Most of the wallpaper/borders so far have come off relatively easily...NOT THIS ROOM! This particular wallpaper is requiring one of those scoring tools, then soaking the wall about 3x and then finally the wallpaper will come off. Dave's such a trouper, though! He just told me to leave and he'd work on it. There are about 8 more strips of paper to remove, so tonight I guess you know what we'll be doing. The painter is coming in Tuesday to start painting the room...it's a big room, so he'll have 3 walls to start on Tuesday - we should be done removing the wallpaper by Tuesday night hopefully; then he can paint the last wall! I'll sure be glad when this room is painted - that's all we're going to do for a while. The next one will be our master bath - it's got wallpaper too - yuk!! NO MORE WALLPAPER IN ANY HOUSE I OWN!!! Mark my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...