Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Sorry LT!

I've been in Beta Sigma Phi now for 35 years and tonight was our annual Founder's Day Banquet. It was lovely. Years ago we always wore long gowns to Founder's Day, but we've progressed(?) since then...somehow I wish we still dressed up in long dresses. It was always so lovely! Tonight we had 3 different rituals which were very well done.

The only bad part of this evening was a lot of us wanted to be home watching "Dancing With The Stars - The Results"!! I'm sorry to hear that Lawrence Taylor was eliminated tonight. I met LT in Kansas City in about 1989 or so. He was very charming and charismatic! On "Dancing" he acts so shy! Our encounter in Kansas City was very short, but I was enamored with him nonetheless! He was with the NY Giants at the time and they were in town to play the Chiefs. My friend, Karl Nelson, was there with the Giants, even though he was undergoing chemo treatments for Hodgkins Disease. He introduced me to LT as well as several of the Giants - it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Karl accused me of being just like all the other women - smitten by the athletes. I just considered them all legends! Lawrence Taylor, Pepper Johnson, Mark Bravara, Phil Simms, Karl, Coach Parcells - what fun! That's all for tonight, more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...