Thursday, May 21, 2009

Murphy's Law

Yesterday was one of those days when Murphy's Law was in effect! Bob and I went to the Batavia cemetery to decorate graves. This cemetery is always mowed beautifully...not yesterday! Oh, it was mowed okay, but there was grass everywhere! We had to move mowed grass just to get our flowers put out! Anyway, we got it done so we headed to Libertyville to do the rest. We got there and it hadn't been mowed at all. Since it wasn't too bad, we decided we'd go ahead and decorate. We got the flowers put on mom and dad's tombstone and on Uncle Bert's and were starting to do the other Allisons when...here came the mowers! So we debated about what to do and decided we didn't want grass in all of our flowers, so we picked up all of the flowers we'd already put out, packed them back in the car and went into Libertyville. Bob decided he'd stop and get a haircut so I walked to my aunt's house and visited with her until he was done. After that we came back to Ottumwa, with me thinking that we would put the flowers on the graves tonight prior to Aunt Sammy's visitation. Silly me! Bob called and left me a message that we would decorate the graves after Aunt Sammy's funeral on Friday since we'll be at the cemetery anyway! Whatever!

Dave called me a little while ago to tell me that he had asked for Saturday off so that he could go with me to Waverly for Kaylee's graduation party. Bob's grandchildren feel a little like my own grandchildren, so I was really happy that he decided to ask for the day off. As it turns out, it looks like rain for the next 4 days so they probably won't have to work anyway. All that stewing over nothing! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...