Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Glad Today Is Over

Today was my favorite aunt's funeral. It was a lovely funeral, as funerals go. A bunch of my cousins were there, along with their children and their children's children...in other words it was a pretty good family reunion. Unfortunately there were tears too, because we will miss Aunt Sammy and her wonderful sense of humor and sparkling eyes! She was just so nice! Prior to the funeral, Bob and I actually got most of the graves decorated. Obviously we couldn't decorate Aunt Sammy and Uncle Bill's so I had to go back to the cemetery after the post-funeral get-together and decorate those graves. We really thought we were going to have "Murphy's Law Take 2" today. When we got to the cemetery they hadn't dug the grave yet, so sure enough, as we were decorating mom and dad's gravesite, here came the backhoe to dig! He assured us, however, that we wouldn't cause any problems for him. Anyway that job's done - the only thing we didn't get done is visit Aunt Helen (the 102-year-old). We'll go over on Tuesday and visit her.

Tomorrow I'll be in Waverly so probably won't get to blog. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...