Friday, May 8, 2009

Ponderings of the day


My husband kind of upset me today. I had planned my day in advance, which I do almost nightly. My day was going to be to go to see Aunt Helen and then come home and mow if it wasn't too wet. So this morning, DH said to me, "If you're so inclined, you could mow the yard." Well, I don't like that! To me that was an insult - I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but that's what I think when he starts saying things like "If you're so inclined..." Well, I went to Fairfield to see Aunt Helen and then I came home and mowed, but tonight when he gets home, I guess I'd better tell him that I don't like that phrase. He can just say something like, "I put gas in the lawnmower in case you get a chance to mow." Doesn't that sound nicer? It's terrible when that's the only fault he has - just his choice of phrases!!



I thought I'd share some of my abstract nature art today. This is bark from a tree that I thought looked a lot like a lava field might. My instructor really liked it.
This one is a leaf from a rhododendron which I love the texture of. I cropped this one after I had completed the class.




Here is a picture of a daffodil center very close and personal. I like it a lot. I think the colors in it are pretty cool.I cropped and manipulated this one in photoshop CS2 after my class was over. I used auto color and this is what it came out like. This is a picture of the bright purple rhododendron that is in the corners of the leaf picture. Look how transparent that flower is. It almost looks like it has silica on it. That's all for today. Dave and I are taking the 56 Chevy out to a cruise tonight. Anyway he plans to be home in time for it - it starts at 6:00. Tomorrow, Bryan and Deanna are coming here and tomorrow night is the Hawaiian luau murder mystery so I may not get to blog tomorrow. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...