Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bird-watching!

When I looked outside this morning, I was sure excited! There was a pair of goldfinches at the birdfeeder! I stood and watched them for a couple of seconds and, all of a sudden, there was an oriole there too! Unfortunately, by the time I got the camera, the oriole had flown away. So, my first errand of the day was to go to Walmart and buy an oriole feeder. One of the guys Dave works with said if we want to attract orioles we should get a jar lid and fill it with grape jelly and mount it on a post. I now have the grape jelly! All I need is a post to mount it on.
When I went outside to hang the oriole feeder, I scared away a purple finch too. This bird-feeding station is starting to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...