Sunday, May 10, 2009

Busy, Busy Saturday!


Whew! We made it through that busy weekend in flying colors! The Lethal Luau was a success - the food was wonderful, everyone dressed so appropriately - we had a hula dancer, a bathing beauty, a golf pro, a surfboarder, an Hawaiian Chief, a tourist, a wealthy yacht-owner, and a beach bum! This is a picture of the Cofers and us doing our hosting thing! Muu-muu's are NOT flattering!
We had a good Sunday! We had a baptism at church Sunday for little baby Isabella. The song we sang was called "You Are Loved", which was a very emotional song. I, however, started crying when Isabella first came up front because her daddy's lip was quivering! Well, this unleashed a fountain in my eyes and nose! It's very hard to sing when you're crying. I hope I didn't look too bad up there! After church, I still couldn't stop crying! Dave and I went to lunch, got a call from Jami wishing me Happy Mother's Day (Bryan and Deanna were here on Saturday), then decided to take a nap. I slept for about 4.5 hours! Got up, did a couple of things around the house, and then sat down to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. And, can you believe it, I then went to bed and right to sleep! I must have been sleep-deprived because I slept until 7:15 this morning!! No excuses today about being tired! I have a bunch of errands to run today and then hopefully I'll get to read some of the new book that Bryan and Deanna got me, "The Girls from Ames," a story of women and a 40-year friendship. Too bad the girls of '66 didn't get together and write this book! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...