Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

Sunday was another hot and humid day! Dave and I went to Des Moines after church. We stopped at the 5 and Diner to eat lunch and then went to see the Iowa Cubs play...nice day for a ball game! It was so hot where we were sitting that we went in search of some shade...we found a spot 15 rows up on the 1st baseline side about halfway between home base and 1st. Great seats and in the shade too! We also had a nice breeze, although it was a hot one! We left in the 5th inning - the Cubs were ahead 5-0 and we wanted to visit Amanda (an ex-IHCC softball player) and her family. She is in Des Moines for about a week. Since her family only lives about 3 blocks from Principal Park, it wasn't hard to get there...actually we'd have been smart to have parked in their driveway and walked across the river!

I've been busy today too. I had a doctor's appointment and a dentist appointment! My Buick is in the shop getting a new tire so I had to drive the '56 Chevy. Since I didn't want to run the air conditioner in the '56, I had some hot errands! I've still got a few things I've got to do today before Dave gets home - hope I get them done!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...