Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gorgeous Sunday

This is just a perfect day...the sun is shining brightly, there's no humidity in the air, and the temperature is only 71 - on July 19th - in Iowa!!! You can't ask for better than that! Dave is outside mowing - we just finished lunch. When he comes in, I think we're both going to take naps!! Tonight we're going to a friend's house for a cookout!

We made it through the weekend with flying colors. Chris' mom's funeral was a beautiful service. Aunt Helen was about 50% with me during our visit. The other 50%, though, contained some new stories! This time she and Jeff (her 2nd husband - NOT) had 12 children! She also told me that Jeff wasn't very trustworthy - he married her and then took her 700 cows and disappeared, only to come home long enough to make those babies! What a riot. I think it's sad what all she has to worry about! But some of her stories are funny.

At the car cruise Friday night, I think we had about 45 cars. Everyone appreciated the cool weather and wondered what happened to global warming! Saturday's car show was wonderful - we started working at 6:30 AM and finished about 5:00 PM. We had 159 cars at our show, along with about 10 of our club's cars. So the parking lot at Bridge View was beautiful! Unfortunately the guy whose car won Best of Show starting having seizures and had to be taken to the hospital. He has MS and his disease is progressing very rapidly. I guess he'd had seizures earlier in the day also. His was one of 5 cars that came down in a group from the Des Moines area, so one of his friends was going to drive his car home for him. It was a perfect day for a car show - the sun came out and the day was just beautiful. The 4-H lunch was wonderful this year, as were the 4-H displays. I'd really like to get into judging some of the 4-H entries. I wonder how I go about that...

Oh, I forgot the best news - I've got a date for surgery. We'll be going to Storm Lake on Friday July 31st for my pre-op appointment, stay with Steve and Mary for the weekend and then I'll have surgery Monday morning, August 3rd. I'm glad to finally have it scheduled! I can't say I'm looking forward to the surgery or the recovery time, but I'll be glad to get it over with! More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...