Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ponderings

Yesterday was a road trip day. I called Sudi at 9:30 or so and asked if they wanted to go on a road trip to Williamsburg. She had to have her haircut at 10:00 but she would be ready to go after that. So, about 11:00 we met in South English and went on to the mall at Williamsburg. We shopped until about 2:30 and then went to Amana for lunch. I hadn't planned to go to any quilt shops, because I thought Howard was going. Since he decided to stay home we went over to Heritage Designs just to see what they had. We got out of there pretty much unscathed. Then on the way home, we stopped at Fern Hill where we bought a couple of things. All in all, it was a good day. We didn't buy much in the way of fabric because we both have so many UFO's in our closets! The lunch at the Ox Yoke Inn was just so-so. In fact, I was very disappointed. I'd had my heart set on their chicken salad croissant. When we got there we found that their menu had changed and they no longer offered it. I was really bummed! I thought their menu was pretty restricted. I'm sure the economy has hurt Amana too.

Today has been another beautiful day. Poor Dave has caught a summer cold or something. He even came home from work today - he just felt horrible. He's pretty much sat/slept in his chair since about 2:30 when he got home. I had mowed today so he did go out this evening and mow the first 2 rounds around the property - I won't mow there because I don't like to mow on a slope. Other than that, it's been pretty quiet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...