Friday, July 3, 2009

Aunt Helen Day

This was an "Aunt Helen" day. I went over to see her after having lunch with Sudi and Howard. Today was one of those days when she just wasn't with me at all. She knew right away who I was and she knew she was 102, but she got off on tangents all day...talking about her 4 boys (2 0f whom were killed by the Indians) and her daughter who was killed by Hitler's regime. She said she was just little, but she can still remember the bombs going off and the sky being red with fire. I feel so bad for her. It's all I can do not to correct her when she starts telling stories like these. We've been told that it does no good to correct her - she has it in her mind that these stories are true. It's so sad.

It's 6:15 PM and Dave is still at work. I've called him, but he evidently can't get to his phone. Sometimes it's too loud when he's working so he just doesn't hear the phone. Sometimes, he can't get to it. Maybe they're working late tonight so that they don't have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...