Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OK - I'm Back!

My shoulder is doing really well, so I decided there was no reason I shouldn't be blogging! Today was a good day at physical therapy...I got to add a 1# weight to some of my exercises. Now, 1 pound doesn't sound like much, but when you haven't been lifting any thing heavier than a glass of water, 1 pound x 15 repetitions is a lot! I can certainly tell tonight that I added some weight to my routines. Plus, I had my favorite physical therapist today and she really stretches out my muscles - I didn't have her the last 2 times I was at PT so I really missed getting the good stretches!

Today was also a trying day otherwise. Aunt Helen has been in the hospital for 3 weeks and today we met with her "team" today and their recommendation was that she could go home, but with Hospice care coming in to help get her up and give her a little more care than the staff at Sunnybrook could give her OR we could put her in a long term care facility. Bob and I decided if she could go back to Sunnybrook with more care, that would be the best place for her. She may have to be moved to a nursing home environment later, but for now we thought she should go home if she could. When we were visiting with her today she seemed very good. She was sitting up, talking well, and didn't fall asleep when we visited with her. Hopefully tomorrow is just as good, or we'll probably regret making the decision we did. We talked with Joneane (the head of nursing) and she thinks Helen is just wearing out - she is 102 after all!! Another move would be hard on her, so maybe just going back to her "home" will be the trick! I have to hope so. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...