Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update

Bob & I went over to meet with Hospice today about Aunt Helen. Her doctor's diagnosis says she won't live more than 6 months. Hospice can accept her because she's lost 12 pounds just since she's been in the hospital (3 weeks). Aunt Helen was very alert today. Physical therapy got her up and walked her twice - but it takes more than 1 person to get her up and while she's walking, if she gets tired - she sits down, so you'd better have a chair there to catch her. I sure hope this works! I can't imagine that Sunny Brook will want to bother with a 102-year-old who can't get out of bed unless there are 2 people to help her. Of course, if she gains a little weight, she might get stronger and then be able to get up with the help of only 1 person. Keep your fingers crossed.

Other than going to the hospital and doing my exercises for my shoulder, I don't get much done! I do have some cards to share - I'm making Christmas cards. I just need to get them scanned and cropped. Maybe this weekend I'll get that done.

Tomorrow is Physical Therapy and P.E.O. Reciprocity luncheon and meeting. I think I'll be busy most of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...