Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!!

Tomorrow's D-Day for my wisdom tooth. This time, I'll have to have it done. The Doctor gave me one tranquilizer to take 1 1/2 hours before I get there...no breakfast, nothing to drink except to take that pill. So, I have physical therapy at 8:00 (for 45 min. to 1 hour), take my pill at 8:30, and then have to be at Dr. Pasqual's at 9:50...my appointment is at 10:00. Then it'll be night, night, Bonzo! I'll probably sleep all day, knowing me! I don't handle anesthesia well - it just knocks me out for hours. In fact, more than an hour after my appendectomy in 1966, mom was on one side of me "slapping" my wrist and dad was on the other side doing the same thing, trying to waken me! After my gall bladder surgery, I slept for about 20 hours...and after my shoulder surgery, I basically slept all day and all night. For some reason it takes about 24 hours for that crap to get out of my system, so I'm hoping to catch up on my sleep tomorrow.

My friend, Karen, got good news today. She had a portion of her colon removed and some lymph nodes just recently. The oncologist told her she wouldn't need chemo!! Thank you, Lord! I've been so worried about her. She is a dear friend.

Today it was absolutely pouring outside...we had almost 2" of rain by about 2:00 PM...and it's raining again this evening! Anyway, I drove to Fairfield to see Aunt Helen in this deluge! There were 2-3 times I thought maybe I should pull off the road because it was raining so hard, but I didn't. She was awake when I got there. She had slid all the way down in the bed and to her left to where her head was against the railing, so the aides came in to move her. She was talkative today, but I thought she was weaker. I hadn't been there but about half an hour when she dismissed me! She said, "I think I'll go to sleep now!" So I told her goodbye and came home. She's been drinking apple juice...in fact, today the aide gave her a drink of water and she told her she didn't want that, she wanted apple juice! They told me that she's getting pretty de-hydrated now. She hasn't eaten much of anything for several days and is just living on apple juice and some water! I feel so bad for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...