Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Sun Was Out Today!!

Today was another beautiful day! We actually had sunshine! It was still a little cool, but when the sun is shining, who cares!

We slept in this morning - even Dave didn't get up until close to 7:30! Do you suppose it had anything to do with the Bailey's I had last night? I know I didn't wake up all night - it was great! About 9:00, while I was reading the paper, our adopted daughter (not really) Amanda, called from Las Vegas. She was wound up! She had had a dream with me in it and she wanted to share it with me. She's so funny. After talking to Amanda, I went to Fairfield to see Aunt Helen. She was having a good day! She knew who I was as soon as I said, "Hi Aunt Helen." She visited with me for about an hour before I thought she was getting very tired. She was very animated - I asked her if she'd ever seen a moose. She smiled, and told me how one had wondered in near their home in Minnesota and how she had jumped in the car to go tell Helen Olsen and Mrs Andersen (her neighbors) so they could see him too. Then she talked about Mrs.. Andersen - said she was quite old at the time and it wasn't long after that that she moved back east to be near her daughter. We had quite a visit!!

Then, when I got back to my car, the Cyclone game was still on with about 11 minutes left. I enjoyed listening to it all the way back to Ottumwa. When I got home, there was about 1 minute left, we had the ball, and the score was 9-7 in OUR favor...Cyclones win!! We beat Nebraska! Kyle said we could! And we did it without our normal quarterback or our normal running back! Our defense played a wonderful game - Nebraska had 8 turnovers! We don't beat Nebraska often, so it was quite a thrill! Unfortunately, one of our starters broke a leg in the first half, and Coach Rhoades said he had a bunch of sick players who were puking all over, but they didn't give up! He was so excited!

The only bummer of the day was that Kaylee's soccer team got beat 2-0. They also are playing hurt - their goalie is out, the #2 goalie is sick, as are several others. They have had a good season, though - 14-2-2. Kaylee ended up 2nd in goals scored and in the top 4 in all other categories. I don't know if they have a conference tournament at this point, but I hope they don't have to end their season with a 2-0 loss! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...