Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Friday

Here are a couple more Christmas cards that I've made. I won't be mass-producing this one, I can tell you that - it is way too time-consuming. I love the card, but coloring those little areas isn't for me - at least until after my shoulder is ALL better! Maybe then I'll be able to do it better. The stamps are from Stampin' Up and I used a watercolor technique to color them. Now this card may be one that I mass-produce! It is relatively easy and delivers a big bang for my time! Again the stamp is from Stampin' Up - it is called Dasher! The papers are also from Stampin' Up's new in-colors. You can't see it here, but there is embossing powder over the entire white section so it literally glistens. I think it's a cool card.
I also wanted to share some more of God's beauty today. This is one of the trees in our cemetery. Isn't it just beautiful!?!

This is a zoom shot of the tree at the corner of Vanness and Court in Ottumwa. This tree takes a while to turn colors, but once it does it is just gorgeous. In about 2 days time, it went from green with a few red leaves to this beautiiful gold and red. I wish I could somehow spray-glue all the leaves on this tree so they'd stay just as pretty as they are now.
I had such a fun day today! I went to physical therapy this morning and then met two friends for lunch. One of my friends, Fran, lives in Boone and was here visiting another of my friends, Jean Ann. It is such a small world. Fran didn't know that I knew Jean Ann and Jean Ann didn't know that I knew Fran AND I didn't know they knew each other!! What a fun time we had at lunch - they are both beautiful women!
Tonight we went to the Club with Sudi and Howard for ribs. The ribs were good, the company was great, and the new drink I discovered was superb! I was so chilled when we got into the Club that I wanted a hot drink, so I ordered coffee with "something" in it. Howard & Sudi both suggested Bailey's Irish Cream - it was so good I could have drunk it alone, without the coffee! After dinner and lots of conversation, we came to our house and played cards. I was the biggest loser tonight! Oh well, maybe next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...