Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I can take a hint!

I had a good day today, although it was a little trying. This morning the physical therapy department called to tell me that Amy was ill and I'd need to reschedule. So I got in to see Michelle at 1:00. That was fine, except my original appointment was at 8:00 so I got up at 6:30! Actually I was awakened at 4:55 when Dave got up, but went back to sleep. He forgot to turn off his alarm clock, so at 5:45 it was blaring and I couldn't figure out what it was! So, that woke me up and I went back to sleep. At 6:30 he came up to tell me goodbye and to bring me my breakfast and promptly knocked something off the dresser which brought me up out of another deep sleep! I'm surprised that I was in a good mood after all of that! The moral of this story is that I could have slept in if I'd known that I didn't have 8:00 PT! Oh well!

At 10:00 I attended JoAnne Radosevich's funeral mass at St. Patrick's here in Ottumwa. She was a wonderfully kind woman who had battled cancer for the good part of 23 years. She's cancer-free at last!

Today's "feature" story is about Aunt Helen. After JoAnne's funeral, I stopped by the chiropractor's office for an adjustment, came home for lunch and then went to PT. As soon as I was done there, I headed to Fairfield to see Aunt Helen. I've always had a good experience when I go to see here - well today was an exception to that!! She just couldn't or wouldn't wake up for me. She talked to me, but just couldn't get clear awake. She was so slouched down in her bed that Emily (one of the aides) and I decided to move her a little and put her head on her pillow again. She came up swinging! She said, "Why can't you just leave me alone, for God's sake!" She still didn't open her eyes, though and let us know that she just wanted to sleep. I can take a hint, so I told her goodbye and that I loved her and left! I wasn't there more than 15 minutes probably, but I don't appreciaate getting hit at! She certainly didn't act weak during that episode! I guess I'll try again tomorrow - but this time Dave will be with me. Maybe his voice will make her wake up.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - we're going to eat at the Methodist Church in Fairfield and then in the afternoon, Bryan will be here! I think they're even spending the night! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...