Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Man, is it ever cold outside. It's 16 degrees right now, but the wind is blowing from the north enough that our flags are completely unfurled which means that the wind chill is probably below zero. This morning when I went to see Aunt Helen it was 40 degrees out - by the time I came out of Vista Woods it was down to 28 and at that time the wind was blowing hard - probably around 25 mph. Speaking of Aunt Helen, she was great today! When I went into her room she was propped up in bad but asleep. I always say, "Hi Aunt Helen". She woke up and wondered who it was so I told her it was Margaret Mae. She smiled and grabbed for my hand. She said my hands were cold, but she wanted to hold them anyway! We probably talked for about 25 minutes today, then she told me I could go home because she wanted to take a nap. Indian Hills' CNA students were at Vista Woods today, though, so she didn't get to nap right away. One of them came in to do her nails for her. She acted excited about that even! I told her that her new haircut made her look young - about 75 and she just laughed!! She said it felt like an Australian chicken with all those feathers sticking out from its neck!! She was truly my Aunt Helen today - it was so nice to see that Aunt today instead of the one lashing out at everyone.

I wrapped packages today and even made a few more Christmas cards. I've got to get busy - my goal is to have the cards out by the 19th. I'm not sure I'll make it though! We send out way too many for me to make homemade ones for everyone. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...