Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

What a gorgeous day we had today! My car said it was 46 degrees at 3:30!! I didn't even have to wear a coat this evening. Dave came home early and took me to Oskaloosa to try to find that one last gift I've been looking for. We left our coats in the car! After we shopped for an hour at Mahaska Drug - which, by the way, is a wonderful store - we went to Mi Ranchito for supper. We hadn't been there for a long time. It's the same menu as our Mexican restaurant here in town, but for some reason the food tastes different. Back to Mahaska Drug - I can't believe what all they have in their store. If you're looking for something for Christmas, or for a snowman, or for Hawkeye or Cyclone stuff, that's the place to go. Their aisles are so narrow because of all the "stuff" they have!! I called it sensory overload. I WAS able to find that one last gift there, so basically I'm done. I've still got a couple more things to get for our grandkids, which I hope to do tomorrow. Then I have a few more gifts to wrap, and Christmas can come any day after that! I've even got 63 Christmas cards made. Tomorrow I plan to print our Christmas letter and get them addressed and ready to go. I'm hoping that 63 cards is enough. If it isn't, then I'll have to make a few more!

I went out to see Aunt Helen today - Bob was at work again. Hopefully he'll go tomorrow. I thought her color was really bad today. She told me she didn't feel any better today. She was dressed, though, and had her glasses on. I asked her if she wanted me to take her glasses and put them on the shelf, but she said no that she hardly ever takes them off. That struck me as funny, because she hasn't had them on for at least a month. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...