Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm Ready to Go

As you can tell by the new picture and the color of my blog, I am getting ready to head south! In fact, I'm ready! I guess I should wait for Christmas to come and go first though!

I don't have much I'm pondering on today. I had a hundred different calls to make today and I actually got them all done. We're looking at getting our attic insulated with foam spray. The guy that runs this company came and after he left I had to call MidAmerican Energy to schedule an energy audit and find out about rebates and tax credits involved. I'm pretty sure we'll qualify, but it's a formality you have to go through. The energy audit is free so it'll be interesting to find out how bad this house really is! Then Dave had me checking on Qwest internet services. I think we'll probably change from Affinity to Qwest when we get back in March. They have a 30 day free trial, so we don't really want to change now when we're not home to use it. Dave also wanted me to check on when I have to apply for social security benefits, so rather than calling I got online and applied tonight! I will start getting my checks in April of 2010!

I also went out to see Aunt Helen today. She told me she felt awful today. I asked if I could help her in any way and she said no. She told me they gave her a shower today and that it felt good. She seemed to have a lot of "debris" in her mouth (her word, not mine), but it was really a thick phlegm that she was able to spit out, but it took a lot of effort on her part. I just feel so bad for her.

Tomorrow I've got to go to Walmart (yuck!) and a couple of other places. I'll try to go in the morning before some of Ottumwa's finest get out of bed! More later...

2 comments:

  1. Meant to tell you yesterday that I like the new picture and page design!! Anxious for you to come down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sudi - I can't wait to get there. Hope you don't have the tornado today!

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...