Saturday, December 5, 2009

Super Saturday

It's amazing what all you can get done when you get off of Facebook!! I mixed up a batch of expresso cookies and about 3/4 of the way thru the mixing process, my stand mixer died a slow death. So I went to O'Hara Hardware and bought myself a new KitchenAid Artisan mixer - a black one! I had no problem whatsoever mixing the second batch of cookies - it's got a ton of power!! In all, I made 56 cookies - I needed 48 for the cookie exchange I'm going to on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I let the last 7 cookies get a little overdone because I was working on making a grape salad for tonight's Vintage Cruiser Christmas party. I even heard the buzzer go off, but I just ignored it, I guess. Oh well - I had 48 good ones so that's all that's important. This recipe is worth keeping - in fact the cookies are really good!

Tonight's Vintage Cruiser Christmas party was fun. I wish Sue and Craig had been there though. It's just not as much fun without them. We had lots of good food, as per usual! The gift exchange was fun again, as it always is. I came home with a cheesecake mix and a decorative plate/server set. Dave got a cool clock for his shop. It's got muscle cars on it and every hour it makes an engine noise. Most of the gifts were very nice, although poor Mike got a pair of boobie danglers (instead of fuzzy dice).

That's all I have for tonight. Tomorrow's a typical Sunday - church, then to see Aunt Helen. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...