Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another Productive Day

After church today, I went out to see Aunt Helen. She said she was having a bad day and she was tired. They had just moved her and I think that completely wears her out. I hope she got to feeling better after I left.

I came home and asked Dave to go Christmas shopping with me. He didn't want to, but he did anyway. We got a lot of our shopping done today right here in Ottumwa. It really helps that our families make Christmas lists - at least you don't have to wonder what to get for each of them. We only shopped for about an hour and a half and then came home and had bacon and eggs for lunch! Dave fixed the bacon and I fixed the eggs.

Right now, I'm getting my sports fix for the day...I'm watching ISU-Iowa wrestling on AND the BCS Bowl Selection. I may be on sports overload after this and last night's football game between Texas and Nebraska! Wow, what a game. Maybe I should say what a finish - the last 1:49 was wonderful and indicative of what college football is all about! I know my Hawkeye friends are excited about Iowa going to the Orange Bowl, but we Cyclones are equally excited about us going to the Insight Bowl in Tempe, Arizona on New Year's Eve. I was kind of hoping for the Independence Bowl in Louisiana, because we were going to try to make it on our way to Florida. Now that they're going to Arizona, I will be happy watching it on TV. Go Cyclones!!

Tomorrow I go to my cookie exchange. I don't exactly know what to expect, but I'm sure it will be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...