Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I had my final physical therapy appointment today. Amy made me use 3# instead of 2# and let me tell you, going up one pound is really hard...but I did it! We'll see how I feel tomorrow! It was sort of sad to end physical therapy. Those PTs have been a part of my life for the last 4 months and I'll really miss them. On the other hand, I'm glad I'm better. I have to continue my exercises for quite some time, though.

Last night was such a rough night - I'm existing on about 4.5 hours of sleep. Dave went to the ER at 1:19 this morning. Last night he jumped down from his pickup bed and twisted his ankle when he landed on something on the floor. He thought he'd broken a bone in his foot, but it's just a bad sprain. He woke me to tell me he was going to the ER and that I should just stay home and sleep - wrong again! I couldn't go back to sleep. At 3:50 when he still wasn't home, I called him. He was just waiting and waiting and waiting. He got home about 5:15 this morning! That is totally ridiculous! There is no way a patient should have to wait 4 hours in an emergency room!

As for Aunt Helen, we are moving her in the morning to Vista Woods here in Ottumwa. It will be so much more convenient for Bob and I, plus she'll get better care. Hopefully, we'll be able to get her moved and she won't even know it. Bob said he couldn't get her awake again this morning. She woke up when the aides came in to move her, just long enough to tell them to go away! I'll be glad when this is over. Tomorrow is my PEO Christmas luncheon, but I guess I'll have to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...