Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year - 2010

Happy New Year! The year is now 2010 and I've already made a mistake in writing the date once - I wonder how many more times I'll do it before writing 2010 becomes automatic. Can you believe it's already 2010? Doesn't it just seem like a year or so ago when we were all worried that Y2K would screw up all the computerized stuff? When I was a kid, I couldn't imagine living in 2000! It seemed so far away and now it's already 2010!

Speaking of a new year, tomorrow is Aunt Helen's birthday. She'll be 103 years old! What an accomplishment. She wasn't very good today, though, so I hope she makes it now. Even the LPN on duty today said she was worried that she wouldn't make it until tomorrow. When we were out there, she wouldn't eat anything or drink anything, her brow was furrowed, she seemed agitated, she was reaching out, and her color was really yellow. Bob and Ann went out later and didn't notice her color so much, but they did notice that she wasn't breathing a lot. They ended up going out later this evening and said she was resting more comfortably. I just don't know what to do. I hate to take off in the morning and then get called back later or maybe a day down the road. I guess we could wait another day or so, but she might live another month - only God knows that. I just wish I wasn't so upset about this - if I thought Bob wouldn't be mad at me for leaving, I guess I'd feel better about it all. Dave and I have even been sniping at each other today - just because we don't have any idea of what to do. I've been praying about this but maybe I've been praying for the wrong thing.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...