Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cyclones Win!!!

The Cyclone football team won the Insight Bowl tonight 14-13! It was one of those games where we tried to beat ourselves...I think we had 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles! But, in the end, the Insight Bowl belonged to the Cyclone Nation! At the end of the game, Kyle, my great-nephew was on the tv screen for a good 5 seconds - just him, close up! I called his mom to let her know, but she'd already heard from her dad, her sister, and her mother!! She said it had really been fun and tonight they were headed to a big block party in Tempe - 100,000 people were expected to be there. She thought Kyle and some of his friends were going to join them at that party. I just hope the players are all smart!!

I'm not very wordy tonight - it was so noisy in the bar where we went to watch the game that I'm just trying to wind down. I guess I should tell you that we picked up our new truck today. It is really pretty - a beautiful burgundy with lots of chrome. It went into the garage tonight and will stay there now for 2 months. I have to get some things put together for the young lady who is going to be staying in our house while we're gone and I have some packing to do yet. Dave was just reading me the weather reports for the various cities on our way south - looks like we're going to need to pack a jacket or two! Sarasota will be cold the whole time we're there. I'll really be glad to get to Fort Lauderdale.

I also want to say that I have sure enjoyed doing this blog. I know a few other people have also enjoyed my ramblings, but basically I'm doing it just as a form of self-expression. I want to keep my brain working and part of my challenge is to write correctly. With that said, I want to wish you all a very happy new year - I hope that 2010 is all that we hope it will be. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...