Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

Today was Aunt Helen's funeral. It was a very nice service where the preacher talked about painting on our canvases and how Aunt Helen had left her mark on all of us. There were a total of 14 people at the service...Bob & Ann, Craig & Sue, Nan, Bob's ex-wife Marilyn & her husband Don, Jim & Marilyn (friends of Bob's), Bert's niece Margaret, Merrill Frescoln, Amy from Iowa Hospice, and Dave & I. It didn't really matter how many were there, it was a good service.

I just had a call from my cousin, Alma Dell, who lives in Nebraska. Her brother had called her to tell her about Aunt Helen so she decided to call me. It was really good to hear from her. We graduated together, but haven't seen much of each other since then. I think we talked for about 45 minutes. I know that Iowa scored twice and Georgia Tech once in the time we were talking!

We're leaving for S Florida in the morning at 6:00 AM. Actually, we're picking Bob up at 6:00! We'll be driving two long days to get to his place in Clearwater by Thursday night...anyway that's our plan. I'm glad he's riding along - it should be fun having three of us in the car. Of course, I'm the talkative one, so I'll be carrying the bulk of the conversation but I can do it!

That's all I know for today. It'll be a couple of days before I blog again, so until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...