Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Thoughts

We'll be having Aunt Helen's funeral tomorrow morning with visitation immediately before the service. We really don't expect more than about 20 people at the service. In fact, if we have 20 we'll be surprised! We couldn't get the pastor of the Libertyville Church because she's out of town on vacation, so we have Rev. Peterson, the Associate Pastor of the Methodist Church in Fairfield, who is doing backup for Libertyville. I'm really happy that we got him. He's so personable! I had taken in a copy of my blog from last night and I think he's going to use the Always Understanding Naturally Terrific part in his service. We were able to share a lot with him - even Bob was able to share some. Bob and I are both so emotional that it's very hard for us to talk about people we love without tearing up, but we managed to get through it somehow.

After the planning session, we came back to Ottumwa and ate lunch at Courtside. It was so cold in there! The bartender told us it was all the way up to 47 degrees! They're supposed to set the furnace at 45 at night and 62 in the daytime! I wouldn't work in that kind of conditions - it was too cold to even take your coat off! Of course, it was only 3 outside when we went in there, but that was ridiculous!

Once we got home Dave took off for work for a couple of hours and I took a nap! For some reason I'm pooped now. We've decided we're going to wait to take off for Florida Weds. morning at 6:00. We'll drive a long day on Weds. if possible and then another relatively long one on Thursday. We should be in Clearwater on Thursday night. Bob is going with us, so that should be fun. I'm ready to get there. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...