Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Monday

I'm sure glad I didn't have to go to work today. I've been so tired today and so has Dave. When we go to Indiana we don't get a lot of sleep because of the bed we sleep in. It's just a full sized bed and we're used to a king sized bed. It's also very hard and we're used to our Tempurpedic mattress. Plus, Dave is a flopper! So when he flops in that little bed, I about bounce out of it. So today, we just took catch-up naps and tried to rest!

We had a really fun time in Indiana though. We went to two birthday parties - one for Dave's 95 year old uncle George and one for his sister who just turned 60. Uncle George's party was in Warren, which is about an hour away from where Dave's folks live. So after driving for 7 hours, we drove some more! Then Suzy's house is about another 45 minutes away from where George lives...so more driving! At George's party, they had a chocolate bar with all things chocolate - chocolate cakes, chocolate candies, chocolate fondue, chocolate ice cream - you get the idea. I want you to know that even I was sick of chocolate after we ate! There were lots of people there from the "home" and lots of cousins, aunts and uncles, etc. At Suzy's it was just Maury's family - he and Roberta, Don and Bev, Pat and Milt, Suzy and Greg, plus Suzy's two kids and their families. So, it was much more intimate and fun. She served a wonderful chicken-noodle casserole, along with a spinach/strawberry salad and a broccoli salad. When we decided to go home, it was about 8:00 and I was driving. We got into two or three torrential downpours. I didn't like it much - I was driving a large van that I wasn't used to on a road I wasn't familiar with and I didn't know where I was going! Thank God we made it okay.

We went to church with Don and Bev Sunday morning and out to see their house. Then we went to Flora for lunch - more driving!! Oh well, it was fun anyway. It rained on us all the way home except for about 50 miles of our 7-hour trip!

Today I went out to get my ticket to see President Obama tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to that! However, since I'll basically be tied up all afternoon, Dave decided he's better mow the lawn. So he did everything but the back yard which was too wet. He left it for me! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...