Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day

Dave was supposed to get me up early today so that WE could put up mini blinds in the family room. About 8:10 I woke up and came downstairs to find that he'd already put them up without my help! I asked him why and he said, he knew he'd be getting frustrated and I don't like it when he swears, so he just did it himself. What a guy!! So then, we ate our breakfast and I hear him on the phone. He called Bryan to see what he was doing today. Dave told me to get ready because we were heading to Waterloo to see Bryan. When we got there, we got a tour of bryan's "home projects". He's so handy! He has taken out most of the built-ins in his front room, painted it with 4 different paint colors (all tans - 1 is a darker taupe over the fireplace). It no longer looks like a 1950's room. He did a really good job. We hadn't seen his bathroom finished either - wow! It's fabulous. He said of all the tiles on the floor, only 1 didn't need a special cut! I don't know how to describe it, but he basically gutted the bathroom, retiled everything including the shower, and put in a new vanity. It is just beautiful! Now he's working on making a center island with 2 drawers and 2 doors (with slide outs in them) and a butcher block top (which he made himself!!) Deanna was in North Carolina getting ready for a presentation Monday, so the 3 of us went to Famous Dave's BBQ...then we came home!

We got home in time for Dave to mow and I got to watch the Derby and now I'm watching the NASCAR race! My guy is leading right now with 32 laps to go, but he hasn't had very good luck lately. I hope it's changed for tonight. Tomorrow is church and a really cool song for our anthem. We're singing several spirituals in the next few weeks and this is one tomorrow. It's called "Joy in the Morning". These spirituals are hard to sing because of their syncopated rhythms. This one has lots of sixteenth notes so hopefully we'll hit our entrances correctly. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...