Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5th

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I wish I had eaten Mexican food tonight in honor of the 5th of May, but I had an egg sandwich instead. Then I went to choir practice. Sunday's anthem is "No Night There", an old spiritual. It is wonderful. I wish I could clone myself so that I could hear how we do it. It sure sounds beautiful from where I'm standing!
Here's a picture of Simon Estes singing last night. He did a great concert. At the end of his concert, he and the soprano he brought with him sang with the Pella Christian High School choir. They sang the "Battle Hymn of the Republic". Wow!! Can you imagine being a high school student and singing with Simon Estes?!! After the concert, he came out into the lobby and signed CDs for everyone. He even had his picture taken with the Royal Court of this year's Pella Tulip Festival!

Well, I think I'll go to bed now. Dave's not home yet, but he thought he'd be here around 10:00. I haven't checked the weather for tomorrow, but if it isn't supposed to rain it'll be another lonely evening...oh no it won't, I'll go to Fairfield! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...