Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome to Summer

Boy was it hot out today! We went from running the furnace on Friday to running the air conditioner on Sunday! I just got back from a ball game where, thank God, there were trees and the bleachers were shaded! I went with Bob and Ann to Wellman to watch Allison play softball. Allison is 8 and is quite an athlete already. She pitched 2 innings and had 4 strike outs in those two innings. She also had 2 hits in her 2 at bats! She was so excited that we were there. It's amazing to see someone like her who knows what the game is all about and then on the same team you see girls twice her size who haven't the foggiest notion of what they should be doing. You can really see the girls who have parents who work with them on a consistent basis. Anyway, it was a fun way to spend the evening. I took lots of pictures, but since I just got home a little bit ago, I'll wait until tomorrow to download them. She plays again Wednesday and then I think Dave will be able to go with us.

Dave was up at 4:30 on his first real day of retirement! I think he was so excited about not having to go to work that he just couldn't sleep. He's so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...