Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hot Saturday

I don't have a lot to say tonight. I'm very tired. Dave's very tired! I have a feeling sleep will come early for both of us. In fact, I think I'll go to bed very quickly. We both went to Nan's first thing this morning to help her with her garage sale. Dave left about 9:00 to go work at Habitat. Nan had a great sale! She got rid of lots of things today too. She still has lots, but at least it's manageable now. I came home about 1:45 - it was really hot out there today. I had used my Stens machine on my back and after about an hour the electrodes came off because I was so hot. That little machine sure seems to help. I should wear it tomorrow too!

Anyway, back to Nan's - after I came home. Dave called about 4:00 and said he was going over to Nan's to see if he could help her with some of the heavy stuff. It's a good thing he went over...on Wednesday of this week her sump pump broke and she had a new one put in on Thursday. Well, she went to the basement and there was water coming up out of her carpet. Evidently the sump wasn't working properly or something. So Dave and Nan and a neighbor pulled out all of her carpet and tried to get the water stopped. He didn't get home until about 7:00! Poor guy. Uh oh, the light by his chair just went off - you know what that means!! He's going to go to sleep. After we ate supper, he went out and mowed the yard. I don't know where he gets all of his energy! If I'd been siding a house and then dealing with water in a basement, I certainly wouldn't have come home and mowed! But then, that's just Dave!

Tomorrow we're going to church and then we're going to meet Bryan in the Amana Colonies for dinner! Should be a good Father's Day for Dave! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...