Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday June 13th

We woke up to rain clouds on the horizon....again! Since the radar looked so bad, we decided that we weren't going to go to Farmington and sit in the rain. So, we got up and went to church. After church, the Deacons sponsored a co-op meal so we got fed there! Sara and someone else had made strawberry pie, so we got the strawberries that we were going to have at the Strawberry Festival in Farmington! We came home and both of us ended up taking naps - I tried so hard to stay awake to watch the NASCAR race, but I missed a lot of laps towards the end! I did actually wake up to see Denny Hamlin take the checkered flag. It was a good day for the Junior nation - he actually finished in the top 10!! Jeff and Jimmie were right up there too, so overall a good day for Hendrick Motor Sports and their fans!

At 6:00 we had a car club meeting in the park. Next month is our annual car show at Bridgeview, so preparations are in full swing!! Now we're just watching tv and doing laundry. I'm waiting for the premiere of Design Star on HGTV. I've really enjoyed all of these in the past, and this season will probably be just as good. In case I can't sleep, David Bromstad's Color Splash's new season starts at 10:00 our time!! I really like his design - and he isn't too bad to look at either!! Too bad he's gay.

I had to dump water from my flower pots again today. I would sure like the rain to stop for a little bit so we could dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...