Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday thoughts

This beautiful female cardinal and her mate were eating at our feeders today. He was really funny. He had a hard time sitting on the little perch, so he sort of had to be a contortionist to get the sunflower seeds out of the hole. He's holding on for dear life in this photo.
We also had ground squirrels out there today and a regular squirrel! Most days we have doves and finches, but today we also had other wildlife! Unfortunately the great white hunter (Dave) and the ground squirrels are clashing and as of this time, the GWH is winning!

Dave worked at Habitat all day today. It poured here again - we had 1" of rain in our gauge. My plants are so soggy that they are just sitting in water. The forecast for tomorrow is 80% rain in the afternoon, so I'm afraid they aren't going to dry out any time soon. We were planning to go to Farmington tomorrow to show the cars, but if the forecast is still calling for rain at 80% we'll probably go to church instead. It's just not much fun sitting in the rain all day!

I worked on cards today. I am in charge of the June card club demo. I'm going to have them make a background and then a card from the background technique. The cards I made today are really pretty - sorry, I can't show them because Juliene reads this blog and I want them to be a surprise to her too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...