Saturday, July 31, 2010

Car Show Day

We went to Oskaloosa today for their annual Rollin' Oldies car show. We left Ottumwa about 9:00 with 7 other cars in a caravan! That is always fun - it's so cool to look out your rear view mirror and see those cars behind you. I'm usually the lead car, so I get that cool view! Poor Butch and Pauline. Just as we got to the square in Oskaloosa, the water pump on their 1948 Chevy pickup blew and they had steam coming out from under the hood big time! Their son came up with the car trailer, so they could load the truck and take it home. They actually won their class though! I got second in my class and that was hard to believe. The car that won my class was gorgeous! In fact, I didn't deserve to win anything - there were several cars there that were better than mine! Dave didn't get anything in his class, but it was loaded! Steve and Lisa won their class as did Craig and Sue. Then the Vintage Cruisers won $50 because we had the most participants from our club at the show. John & Shirley won $200 cash in the drawings and we won a Herky the Hawk yard sign, which we promptly gave to this little 3-year-old boy who said he wanted to play football for the Hawks and then Green Bay when he grew up! It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. You know, you do have some Hawk fans as friends!! I can understand your not wanting to be seen with the sign, so I guess I won't gripe toooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...