Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday the 1st of August

I can't believe that it's August already. It seems like summer just started. The corn has been tasseled forever this year. It's supposed to be knee high by the 4th of July, which means that it should just not be tasseling! Not! Sue said some of their corn was already dented, which means that it should be a relatively early harvest.

This morning we went to church as usual. We had a good service - even had communion. There weren't very many of us there. Those who were there got to hear Ron Brickey sing The Lord's Prayer. It was beautiful...he did a really great job. After church and fellowship, we went to The Legend for lunch. It was a great place to eat! It's the first time in about 15 years that I was able to get pasta with just garlic and oil on it - no marinara or Alfredo sauce! The serving size was humongous! I brought home more than half of my ziti. Dave had fettuccine with red sauce and he ate every bit of his. We also had wonderful salads before our entree! We'll definitely be going there again!

When we got home, I did my stretching exercises while I watched the beginning of the race. It was a really good race, but I didn't like the outcome. Jeff had the best car at the track today, but with 30 laps left, they chose to get 4 tires which put him in 13th place when he got back out...most of the others only took 2 tires. So, he only got back to 6th place. Darn...I just knew he was going to win this race!

Dave got a call from Golden Furrow today. He's going to go back to work for a while. Tom needs him for another special project! Boohoo! I'll miss him! So will our church. Speaking of our church, we also got sad news there. The young couple that joined us a few months ago and are now pregnant with their first baby are 98% sure that they will be moving within the next couple of weeks. We're really going to miss them. She was in choir and they were both on Evangelism. They are both computer gurus, so they worked on keeping the website up to date. I guess I'd better find out how to do that until we find someone else. I know how to do the calendar, but I've forgotten how to update the website. Oh well, I'm trainable!

I picked two more tomatoes off of our vines today - a yellow one and a red one. They're not completely ripe, but close. I'll bet they're good! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...