Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fun Tuesday

Today Dave and I went on a date to Des Moines! We left here about 8:45 and went first to the Botanical Center in Des Moines. It's a good thing we went first, because it was hot and steamy in there! By the time we came out of the "garden" I was wringing wet!! Of course, it's a tropical atmosphere and today's weather just added to it. We still had a good time though! After the Botanical Center, we went to Archivers at Jordan Creek. I wanted a couple of things from there and it didn't take me long to find what I was looking for. Then it was time for lunch, so we headed to West Des Moines to a restuarant that he said they had his Dupont retirement party in...I said it was on Hickman (not in WDM). As it turns out, he had 2 parties - one of which I attended (on Hickman) and one in WDM at Mojo's. I couldn't remember the name of the restuarant I was at, but we decided to look for it instead of going to Mojo's. We found it. It's called the Flying Mango and it's on Hickman at about 44th Street or so. It wasn't open for lunch - bummer! It had great brisket and cornbread! So, now it's about 1:00 and we're really hungry, so we go to Famous Dave's on Merle Hay. We always like eating there. Since we were done in Des Moines, we decided to stop at the Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World at the Altoona exit. We haven't ever been there - it's relatively new. It's a very nice one! Lots of merchandise and cool exhibits. They even had a herd of buffalo!! Very nice.

We stopped in Monroe at the Jersey Freeze to have our ice cream cone and then came on home. We had a wonderful day. We like to get away together and the day was fun for both of us! I'm going to post some of my plant pictures on Facebook!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...