Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Night

We had one HOT car show today! We always bill our Memories car show as the hottest show in Iowa, and today's show lived up to its reputation! I don't have a clue how hot it really was but I do know at 6:00 the heat index was still 102 degrees. So I'm assuming at its hottest, it was about 110 heat index! We even had people going home because they were just too hot. We had a good car show though. We ended up having 146 cars registered. We got everyone registered and got all the votes entered by 2:40. Not bad - we were then able to start giving away prizes a little early so people could go home. The car that won Best of Show was a 1948 Packard Super 8 Convertible owned by Ed & Mareta Campbell. Ed has been building it himself and it took him 12 and a half years to complete. He just got it done in time for the Good Guys this year. So today's show was the car's second outing! It is beautiful. Best of Truck went to a gorgeous Hudson - I think it was a 1949 or so. Bright red, chopped - beautiful! I think everyone had a good time.

The 4H Expo was fun again. I love seeing all of the projects. When we go to the State Fair, we love spending time in the 4H building. These kids are very talented!

I think my brain is fried, because I can't think of another thing to say! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...