Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, July 11, 2010

What a wonderful day! We went to church early today. I was there to pass out name tags to the congregation so that Pastor David and his wife, Elizabeth, wouldn't have to try to remember names today. We had an almost full church. It was good to have people there who hadn't been there for a while. Pastor David delivered the sermon and did a wonderful job. His children's message was good enough that he wouldn't have had to do a sermon as far as I was concerned. He really relates to the congregation. During one of the prayers which he started from up front, he ended up coming into the sanctuary from the back...I don't know how he did that without us knowing! After the service we had a congregational vote to accept him as our pastor. All but one person voted yes...I wonder what that one person didn't like?! Oh well, he'll start officially on September 1st. They even were able to find a house this week, so all is well! I think he'll be good for our church. Unfortunately this will mean that we have to say goodbye to Pastor Sara and we will truly miss her!

Dave and I were both able to take naps this afternoon. I had stayed up kind of late reading and finishing my book, so I really needed a nap. With Dave being on prednisone, he doesn't sleep well, so he really needed one too. Then this evening, we had a cookout at our Vintage Cruisers meeting and stuffed the goody bags for our car show this Saturday.

This week is a busy one. I have an MRI tomorrow morning and the 4H parade tomorrow night. Tuesday and Wednesday this week we are helping serve lunch to young girls whose parent(s) are incarcerated. Tuesday I also start physical therapy on my back. Wednesday night is an Evangelism meeting, Thursday I have a massage. Friday is PEO and our Memories 2010 cruise-in and Saturday is our car show. Sunday after church, we're going to Bryan's for lasagna and homemade ice cream and then we start all over again!! Whew, I'm tired just thinking about this week. I sure hope that dumb MRI works tomorrow!! More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...