Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday

This didn't really seem like Saturday to me. I don't know what it felt like, but it sure wasn't a Saturday.

Dave woke up at 4:00 and went to church to paint. He's on prednisone, you know! He came home about 11:30 and after lunch we got ready to go to church to meet the new pastor. I was impressed. He and his wife are both excited about being here! I look forward to hearing him tomorrow and getting to know them better. I have to be at church early because we're going to wear name tags for a few Sundays so they will get to know our names. I'm sure they were overwhelmed after the reception today...we had a lot of people there! It was good! Tomorrow Pastor Dave will preach, so that will be interesting too. I know the PNC is really excited about him and their enthusiasm is rubbing off!

I'm watching the race now and I hate to say it, but I cheered when Jimmie Johnson spun out. I'm so tired of him winning all the races! He's led all but about 20 laps tonight too. He didn't do any damage to his car, so he'll probably come back and win this race yet.

I just saw a commercial for a new show on TNT called "Rizzoli and Isles". I'm excited to see it - these are the characters (Rizzoli is a detective and Isles is a medical examiner) in the Tess Gerritsen books Sue and I like so much. Rizzoli is being played by Angie Harmon and I think she makes a great cop/detective! Should be a good series...and it follows "The Closer" which is a great series!

Speaking of books, I'm reading a Tami Hoag book, "Cry Wolf" right now. I'm down to the last 50 pages or so and I'm still not 100% sure who the murderer is...I think I know, but I'm just not sure. Hoag is also a good writer of suspense! I like her books a lot. I hope I don't stay up too late reading!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...