Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday thoughts

My thoughts today are few and far between! I had PEO this morning and it was a good meeting. We had a guest speaker who talked about his mission trip to Haiti. He went with a Methodist contingent out of Minnesota. One of the stories he told would make you just so very thankful you're in America! For instance, 300,000 people were killed in that one earthquake. Thirty percent of the governing body was killed in that number. Americans use approximately 13,000 kw of electricity per person per year, whereas the Haitians use approximately 100 kw per person per year. The Haitians that were helping his group work building the slab for a church made about $6 per day, mixing and pouring concrete. He said it was 100+ every day they were there and it got down to about 80 at night...with no air conditioning or fans! It was pretty amazing to hear him talk. A guy from our church has been to Haiti two times since the earthquake and this last time made him too emotional to talk about his experience.

After PEO I had my physical therapy session. Chad was a whole lot stronger than any of the ladies I've had work on my back. I could actually feel the knots loosening up! I hope they'll stay loose! He also gave me a new exercise to do. He said if it hurt in my back, he didn't want me doing it, but he thinks I'm at a plateau and need some further impetus to get better.

Stay tuned...

This weekend we're going to Dubuque to Mopars on the Mississippi. Bryan will join us for Saturday night and the show on Sunday. I'm sorry I'm going to miss Pastor Sara's farewell sermon, but I've told her I have temporary custody of her, so she can come back anytime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...