Saturday, September 4, 2010

Beautiful day!!!

Today was about the most perfect that any day could get!! It started out a little chilly though - Dave said it was 49 degrees this morning when we got up!! I was snuggled under the covers, so I didn't realize it was that chilly! After I got up and going, I opened up the house. I do have to admit though, I put on a sweatshirt here in the downstairs! About 10:30 I took off for the Art Walk in downtown Ottumwa. It was a gorgeous day and the exhibitors had wonderful displays. There is sure a lot of talent around here. There were paintings, quilts, cards, jewelry, photography, pottery, metal sculptures - you name it, it was there! I decided that this event should really be called the "Art Talk" because it seemed that was all I was doing! It took me almost 40 minutes just to get past the first 4 vendors!! I was downtown for two hours and loved every minute of it! I think everyone was just really enjoying the art, the camaraderie, and the beautiful day!!

I got back home about 1:00 and frittered away the rest of the afternoon. Dave got home from Habitat about 4:00 and at 5:00 we went down to Bridge View for some more culture! They were "dedicating" 5 sculptures that are going to be displayed there for the next year. They were varied media, from Indiana sandstone, to bronzes, to rusted metal, to painted metal, to an Asian inspired tree made of metal. Beautiful works! The artists were all there willing to discuss their works and the inspiration behind their work. Another good time! We sat by the river and watched the people inspecting the sculptures and we even stayed until they had handed out the awards!

Sorry, no pictures today - just no time to be creative! I was enjoying everyone else's creativity!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...