Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Highlights

This was a gorgeous day! The Cyclones won their game last night and I stayed up to watch it all! I'd sure like the same outcome for their next game!! It sure felt like fall around SE Iowa today. I think the high in O-town was 72 but with 35-45 mph NW winds!! I had all the windows and the doors in the house open, but I have to tell you that I closed them one by one as the day progressed! It felt really good in here after I returned from my workout, but as I ate lunch I started to get a little cool and by this afternoon, I sat in my chair for a while and was covered up with a blanket!! I guess I was kind of wussy!

Tonight Dave and I went to the Patrons Party for Main Street Ottumwa. It was basically wine and light hors doeuvres on the 6th floor of the old Hoffman building in downtown O-town. They have gutted the 6th floor and are going to turn it into 4 small apartments. In fact, they're going to be very small apartments!! They'll all have cool views though! I think the Hoffman bldg is the only one in downtown with 6 floors and there are windows on all four sides! Pretty cool!
After about an hour of that, we left and went to the Club for dinner. The Club was packed again - love to see that!

Tomorrow downtown is the Art Walk from 10-4:00. I hope to get down there. I guess they have over 60 artists coming in for the Walk. Should be fun!

Speaking of fun, here's a card we made at one of the SU get-togethers that I attend. The black background is using one of the SU embossing folders in the design of a spider web. In case you can't tell, the orange striped thing at the left of the little witch is actually ribbon. It's kind of hard to tell when you can't see the card in person.

I need to figure out a couple more Halloween cards and get them ready to send to the grandchildren. They always like my cards!! They're such good kids!! Haha...more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...