Friday, September 24, 2010

Stamp Club Day

Today was Stamp Club day and it was a fun one. We made two items this morning. The first was an autumn card and the second was a gift card holder. This first one was a little more complicated than we anticipated. The card is really pretty though and I'll probably make more of them. Jan demonstrated this card and she supplied all of the materials. The pumpkin is from the Sept. issue of CardMaker Magazine. We've been on a quilting theme for the last 3 or 4 months at Stamp Club and today was no exception. It turned out really pretty, I think!

Our second project was a gift card holder. I am not real happy with mine, but when I make another one, I'll do better. I have to figure out how to run the cardstock through the Big Shot to get the design exactly where I want it. I would have had the embossing on the flap too, but I didn't. Juliene did a good job of demonstrating this project and it's something we'll probably all use in the future, as we all seem to give gift cards to our loved ones. Since Juliene and Jan both supplied all of the paper, I have no idea what company they came from. I know that the embossing folders used are mostly from Stampin' Up. Thanks, ladies - you did a great job! After Club, Dave and I went to the Country Club for lunch. Bob and Ann were just teeing off on hole #1, so we got to talk to them for a little bit. Why, I even got a hug from my big brother. We went into the 19th Hole for lunch and I had their soup of the day. It was really good!! We sat with Ivan today and I asked him if I could get a ride on his boat if I came to Naples this winter! He said yes!!! I can hardly wait - he has a 68 foot boat (just a little one)!!

This afternoon, Dave washed both my car and his truck and we turned off the air conditioner - hopefully for the rest of the season! We were sitting here about 6:30, eating our leftovers and I happened to glance at the calendar. We missed the last Cruise at S HyVee tonight. We just had a brain blip, because we try to go to all of these. Oh well! I guess we'll catch the first one next year, now!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...