Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Again

Here we are at Monday again. You know, even though I don't work anymore, I still don't like Mondays! This morning, however, both of us slept in and got a rather late start on our day. That didn't deter us though, because with Dave's help, I made 16 apple cream pies and was able to freeze 15 of them for later this winter. I love this pie - my mom made it quite frequently. The reason we made so many pies is that Dave's brother Don gave us two grocery bags full of yellow apples from his trees. There was absolutely no way that we could eat that many apples, so making pies was the way we chose to use up the apples. Dave had to go to the grocery store and stock up on pie crusts, evaporated milk, sugar, and nutmeg!! We've still got a few apples left, but no more pie crusts. Maybe we'll have baked apples one of these nights!

We had a really good time in Indiana. It was such a beautiful day for driving - we even opened the sun roof and enjoyed the sun and warm breeze coming in on us!! We got there about 2:30 and went out to Dave's sisters for dinner. All of Dave's siblings and their spouses were there, along with his dad and step-mom. We sat out around a gas fireplace, ate hors doeuvres, and drank some wine before dinner. Then after dinner, and after we'd discussed the Alaskan cruise, I drove us all home!! The next day (Saturday) it rained, but we went to Flora for their fall festival anyway. We got to have lunch at Bev's bakery and then Saturday night, Don and Bev came in to play cards. Then about 8:30 we went out to the campground to visit briefly with Don's camping club and some old friends of Maury & Roberta. Lots of fun!! We came home early Sunday morning and enjoyed another beautiful day for driving! We were exhausted though, because we neither one sleep well while we're there. We are used to a king-sized Tempurpedic bed and there we sleep in a full-sized bed that is hard, hard, hard!!

Tomorrow I have a massage and Dave has an eye appointment. Hopefully I can get through some of the mail on my desk too. I sort of neglected it today! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...